Monday, September 10, 2012

The tough stuff

Yesterday was one of those days when I looked in the mirror
 and questioned every thing I was doing.
You know the days when you beat yourself up 
about
what kind of Mom you are
 and explore with great detail all the mistakes you have made.
I am blessed to have three wishes
who bring me such great joy.
If you have read my blog before, you know
I have two boys and a little girl.
Well, she isn't so little
anymore.
~big sigh~
It is never easy making the tough decisions
when it comes to your
children.
But,
I look at the alturnative,
What happens if we don't make those
tough decsions now?
I want my kiddos to be young for as long as they can, I don't
want them to grow up to too fast. We, as adults
know all to well,  how quickly the time goes. But,
We have to be willing to discuss the tough stuff with them.
To guide them in the right direction.
I will soon, be the mom of not one, but two teenage boys.
I love this stage, I also want to run and hide sometimes.
We have to talk about driving, girls, drugs, drinking, sex, etc...
That is tough stuff.
Kids stumble, we stumble, but isn't that all just part of
it?  Making mistakes, learning along the way,
and
forgiving each other in the process of it all.
As I watched my oldest son get ready for school today,
doing his hair, listening to music, singing,
I just kept thinking...
as hard as parenting is sometimes,
I wouldn't trade it for anything
under the sun.
Tough stuff and all. 
Grab this badge and put it on your site!
I saw the link up for The Paent Hood and
decided I would link up since most of my writing is about
my children, our family and our day to day.
I don't know if I can offer any great advice or
words of wisdom, but I can share what
works for us, my take on parenting, and
a  peek into our lives as a family.
Glad you came to visit.
 
You can find some of my favorite posts on parenting Here and Here
and Here
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

jenshank said...

Love your advice! Thanks for sharing your world

AllisonO of O My Family said...

You are so right. The tough decisions now are better that the alternative. Keep on keepin' on, mama - and thank you for joining us on The Parent 'Hood today!

LoveFeast Table said...

It is full of tough, isn't it?! Yet, it's worth every bit of it. I have 3 teenage boys, and I have to tell you, I'm loving this stage! Loving it!
Thanks for joining us in the 'Hood!
~Kristin

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...