Friday, May 25, 2012

Welcoming change

is at best a difficult thing.  We go through change our entire lives.  It is thrust upon us by others or sometimes we even choose to change situations  we are in ourselves. We change clothes, hairstyles, homes, jobs, our opinions, and we change our minds. 
Change is scary, it opens the squeaky door to the unknown.  If we welcome it with open arms we are considered brave. You can't run from change...It is going to happen.
Our children grow and change, we shed tears over every monumental and even tiny step of their lives. It is inevitable...Change happens. 
Can you even prepare for change? You can do your best to prepare yourself but things happen that are unexpected that you can never prepare for. Losing a parent, the loss of a child, or perhaps a job.
That's where I am today...I have just found out that I am unemployed.  The little Christian school where I teach has let me go because of financial cut backs. I am sad, shocked, and afraid. I feel vulnerable. 
I always am off during the summer with my precious three...so I am not quite sure this has really hit me.  No matter the reason, doesn't it just feel bad to be let go of? 
My children will experience change as they will be going to public school next year.  I know that they will be fine, they are kind, and personable and make friends easily.  But they are nervous, this is change for them too. So as I navigate myself through all of this change, I pray for guidance to help Cameron and Madison navigate as well.  Ethan will be a freshman, he moves on to the high school, this will be a big change for him.  Cameron will be at the Jr. High and Madison will be at the intermediate school in 6th grade. A lot of change going on for us.  I believe we are up to the challenge.  We are called to go where God wants us. I know that He has a plan for us.  I pray for an open mind and heart as He directs our paths.  I want to be brave, not just for me but for my children.  To show them that the unknown does not have to be scary and that it can be a chance for something amazing, a new adventure.  That it is time to change. 

3 comments:

Hima said...

I'm sorry, but embrace the change! Maybe this is a good thing, and you'll be able to go on to do bigger and better things :)

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear that friend. They've lost a valuable asset! But I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason, so that must mean there's something better for you out there!

Irish Italian Blessings said...

I'm really sorry about your job but I always remember Proverbs 3:5-6 and just trust that there is a reason and it will always work out. Sending good thoughts your way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...