Sunday, May 27, 2012

"Help"

 
Don't you love helping others?. The Lord gave me a servants heart and I so want to use it.  It gives me purpose. 
I am not always successful, but I love to  help.
Many years ago, this was to my decline.  I helped others so that I didn't have to focus on me.  Well isn't that the point. What good would the world be if we focused on ourselves? Well,
I believe the world would be good. I think we need to focus on ourselves at some point in order to figure out who we are and what exactly is our purpose here? 
What am I supposed to be doing? How am I to help others? How can I best serve?
We need to know ourselves, not to know our limits but to understand that there are no limits,  that there is no ceiling.
God lavishes His love on His children who place their faith in Him. Because of nothing except God's extreme love, we've been given an incredible position that few understand, and even fewer live in.  The enemy clearly wants to keep this hidden.  Romans 8:14-17 and Colossians 3:1-4.
We often create limits for ourselves out of fear.
I don't want my children to be fearful about their future and what they can achieve.
I have talked about worry before, I work on that daily and am still a work in progress. I don't want to be fearful.
If we allow fear, fear of change, the unknown, failure, ridicule, not following what everyone else is doing, our own inadequacies, or dozens of other things- to set the course for our lives, we'll miss many rich, fulfilling opportunities.
This is no easy task. I am fearful sometimes, but today I will also chose to be hopeful. 
I pray your Sunday is rich in God's will for your life and His unfailing love.

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Thank You So Much!! I really needed to hear this right now. I've always been really fearful of not being good enough for people. It gets so hard to please everyone and I know God just wants me to please him, but sometimes I just get too wrapped up in what everybody else wants me to do. So thank you for this encouragement!

Unknown said...

I love your blog! I found you through Truly Lovely and I am now your newest follower.

I am also a blogger from Missouri. Its nice to read other blogs from the same state! :)

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

This is so inspiring! I also wanted to stop by and let you know I nominated you for the "The Sunshine Award" check out my blog for my details.
Carlee

http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...