Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Letting go

He is 17.
I call him E.
He made me a mom,
A proud one at that. 
He walked early and talked early
And
Hated to sleep. 
He loved dinosaurs, Halloween, being on stage
And 
he loved making people laugh. 
He is smart, 
And
Humble.
He is a guys guy.
He's tough 
but 
thoughtful.
He is busy these days with play rehearsal and college admission paperwork
And making time to just be a teenager. 
In May 2016 My first born will graduate from high school.
He will be going off to college. 
He will be leaving home.
I'm not ready.
I'm struggling.
I'm excited for him and this next chapter of his life,
But 
I am not ready to let go.
How do you let go?
I can't imagine not seeing him every day. 
I can't imagine the quiet, (no drums being played).
Letting go
Is a part of life
I know this in my head
But
My heart does not understand.
For now I cherish each day,
I may hug a little longer,
But 
He doesn't seem to mind
And
It has me thinking
Maybe I'm not the only one 
Having a hard time
Letting go.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...