Friday, January 13, 2012

Courage

   It is not always the big things you need courage for, but the little things... the unknown things.
It takes courage being a parent and sending your child off to school for the first time.  It takes courage to leave your children with a sitter for the first time.  It takes courage to go to the doctor to find out what is wrong.  The Not knowing is sometimes perceived as the safe place to be.  There have been times in my life where that is where I felt safe. That is Not where I want to be right now.  I want to be courageous in my life...I want my children to see courage in me so they know, they too, can take that step... that leap, and be courageous too. 
   It takes courage to start that new business, to make a new friend, to go back to school, to try a new look, to fall in love, to abandon all reason and do what you love!!!
Here is to all of you who are attempting to be courageous today.  Let's be courageous together.

   Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.   Joshua 2:9

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think you are far more courageous than you know. Love you my dear friend!!

Nicole @ the style hatch said...

I really like this post! I have been trying a lot of 'courageous' lately- its a scary, yet exciting feeling to be courageous!

Nicole

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...