Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The wheels on the bus

I watch every morning as they climb on board
that yellow bus.
It is routine.
But today I am sad, and I think about how 
 I used to sing the song
to them,
when they were little...
"The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round".
These days they take on new meaning.
 That bus, that bright, yellow bus
 the one that drives them
 away from me
and
 to that destination
you know the one that is supposed
to educate, support, uplift and inspire
them.
This has been a difficult year for one of my 3 wishes.
Jr. High can be a cruel place 
when
one won't conform.
As the bus drives away today,
 as those big wheels turn round and round...
the hands of time 
do as well.
And
I long for them to be back home once more
so that I can
 sort through the rubbish they have been fed,
and fill them up instead with
kind words, compassion, an open heart, an understanding ear
and 
with a ton of mama's love.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...