Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Body image

Oh, the topic of body image. A difficult topic, that leads me to what is the purpose of my blog... To share myself, to be true, real, to be a light hopefully. Anyway, the reason I say this is because, to share this part of me is as true and real as it gets. But I am gonna step out of my comfort zone and share. I am a rehabilitated anorexic, bulimic. I used to hate myself so much that the reason I starved myself is because "I didn't deserve to take up any space in this world". Even at my lowest weight, when I looked in the mirror, I saw a person taking up too much space. I was unlovable, even though people loved me and tried to help me, I felt alone and felt like such a disappointment. I prayed for death because that would have been far better than feeling as bad as I did. After therapy and with God I am free... free from those feelings, free from the shackles. I still have bad days, but what woman doesn't . We kill ourselves to be thin, to be liked, to be respected. I know God would want us to love ourselves as we love others. Let's rejoice in who we are, lift each other up. To all the women out there...You are worthy, beautiful and precious. I am putting the picture in because my head is saying don't. It serves no purpose to you but to me it is my letting go of the chains that are in my head. Those of you that know me, know how truly hard that is. I took the photo this summer on my phone for my hubby since he was away, my kiddos and I were at the pool. Ugh!!!! I will be brave and vulnerable today. Here is to you ladies. Have a blessed day lovelies. Be brave.

1 comment:

Robin said...

You are so brave! I love you and your beauty doesn't stop on the outside, all anyone has to do is sit down and have a conversation with you and that is when your beauty is fully realized!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...