Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cucumber sauce or Tzatziki recipe


I love this stuff...My husband makes this amazing dip for us and we go crazy. Tzatziki is usually served with gyros.  I do not eat lamb so I have never even tried any kind of gyro, but my husband loves them and he always gets tzatziki sauce with it. I love the sauce so he made it for me. Here is the recipe for you to enjoy also...You can just eat with  tasty chips or even on a great cracker.

You will need:

32 oz. Greek yogurt
A cucumber
3 tbs Dill, or to your taste
Sea salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 tbs. Olive oil
Garlic (1 clove) Minced
1/2 squeezed fresh lemon


You can chop the cucumber as big or as little as you like. I prefer smaller pieces.

 You need to put the Greek yogurt in a strainer...Just to drain it
 combine the dill, garlic, cucumber, olive oil and lemon in a separate bowl

 This is what it should look like after you mix the cucumber, dill, lemon, olive oil, sea salt and pepper

Mix in the yogurt and you are finished...
You can enjoy this dip with chips, whole grain pita, crackers, anything you like.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.  I pray your soul is fed today, as well as your belly. Have a  lovely Sunday spending time with those you cherish.
I am linking up with Tatertots and Jello today for the Weekend wrap up Party...I hope you will head over and take a peek. There are some amazing home decor idea's and recipe's being shown over there.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ooh yum! I'm thinking I would really like this! Happy Monday!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...