Friday, October 7, 2011

Back to School

 In an earlier blog I had mentioned that I was returning to teaching after what turned out to be a very short leave.  God is so good to direct our paths.  Well my first week is almost over and it has been a fun and exhausting one.  My students know the first rule in my class is kindness towards one another. I pray they feel it is a safe place for their dreams to take flight.                       
5th Grade is such a difficult time for children. They are going through so much internally and externally.  This year I have the pleasure of teaching my daughter Madison.  She is a hoot in class. It is such a treat to see a side of her that I hadn't seen before. She is a good student but she is also silly and can laugh at herself.  The girls out number the boys and they still believe that "girls rule and boys drool". I love it. Ahhh the innocence. I pray they enjoy this year, that they learn a lot and that they grow in their walk with God.     
And I secretly pray that my daughter thinks that boys drool until she is 30.                                                                           

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...