Sunday, December 1, 2013

Giving Thanks to be able to Give

I have not been here for a while.
this place,
 sitting, writing, sharing.
But I wanted to share our Thanksgiving with you.
It truly was a wonderful day.

What started out as us 
wanting to be a blessing to others...
We were blessed.
 
Blessed...
though times have been difficult 
for us lately,
we were able to serve others...
with our time, our hands and our hearts.
 
 I created a grateful jar this year,
after we blessed the meal,
everyone took turns
writing down what they were thankful for.
Madi loved these little place mats we found at the dollar tree.
She wrote everyone's names on them.
This year, after our meal
we went to The Kitchen (in Springfield)
 to serve others.
  
We had the most amazing experience...
we were truly blessed.
My 3 Wishes can't wait to go back.
We all fell in love with an 8 year old boy named Valentino,
he was also serving with his lovely family.
 
I saw God through others that day. 
I saw people simply loving people.
I saw a teenage boy breathe in courage
and sing to a stranger
so 
she would know...
that she is loved. 
I saw my children helping, sharing, engaging.
I saw people not judging.
 
I saw smiles,
I saw tears,
I saw love.

Later that evening
 we were invited
to our dear friends home
to visit.
Good conversation, hugs and laughter
Made for a perfect ending to our
Thanksgiving.
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...